Snow Days and Emergency Closings
Lincoln utilizes Blackboard Connect, an electronic emergency notification system. All families should have updated their contact information in the family portal under household profile update. Visit lincolnschool.org/snowday for updates.
Below are the procedures that we will typically follow in the event of snow or severe weather:
- If Lincoln School is closed, Little School will also be closed.
- When school is closed, all school activities are canceled.
- If school is canceled, the decision will be made by 5:30 a.m. and will be announced on radio, television, the school website, the school phone system, and through Blackboard Connect.
- If the city of Providence declares a parking ban, Lincoln must automatically close.
- If the weather is in question and we feel that it is necessary to make a change to the normal school day, we will send a Blackboard Connect notification and post information on the School website. Your children will be safe, warm, and well taken care of until you are able to pick them up.
- If Lincoln is in session on a day that you feel the roads are unsafe, we respect your decision to keep your child at home or pick them up early. Weather will be noted in the attendance roster.