- In The World
- Why Girls?
As a local and national leader in all-girls education, we are thrilled to announce the formation of the Lincoln School Strategic Advisory Board! The board is comprised of national and international thought leaders, experts, and innovators from business, academia, and government who provide advice and counsel to Head of School Suzanne Fogarty and school leadership.
This small, diverse group of professionals lend their deep experience, unique perspective, and skills to the Lincoln School community, strengthening and furthering the school’s mission as a bold institution dedicated to providing opportunities for students that girls simply can’t get anywhere else. From technology to the highest levels of national politics, from women in the global economy to gender in the media, this core group of outstanding innovators opens up new opportunities for students and actively broadens Lincoln’s reach.
“Lincoln School has long been an academic powerhouse where girls thrive, and the intellectual strength and professional accomplishments of the new Lincoln School Strategic Advisory Board takes our mission to the next level,” said Suzanne Fogarty, head of Lincoln School. “This carefully assembled group of global thought leaders were appointed because of their expertise in their chosen fields, and their dedication to preparing Lincoln students for the world, and the world for Lincoln students.”
Appointments to the Lincoln School Strategic Advisory Board (for full bios visit: https://www.lincolnschool.org/a-lincoln-school-education/strategic-advisory-board):
- Kenneth Duberstein: CEO, The Duberstein Group. Former White House Chief of Staff, Reagan Administration
- Madonna Badger: Chief Creative Officer/Founder of Badger and Winters Agency
- Reshma Saujani: Founder and CEO of Girls Who Code
- Sophie Houser: Co-author of “Girl Code: Gaming, Going Viral, and Getting it Done” and Brown University Student
- Rich Verma: Vice Chairman, The Asia Group. Former United States Ambassador to India, Obama Administration
- Joan Countryman: Chair, Board of Directors, Kendal Corporation. Former Head of School, Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy and Lincoln School
- Adrienne Penta: Executive Director of The Center for Women & Wealth
- Denise Clark Pope: Author; Co-founder of Challenge Success; Senior Lecturer, Stanford University
- Pradeep Sharma: Director, Salama bint Hamdan Al Nayhan Foundation; Former Provost, Rhode Island School of Design
The Lincoln School Strategic Advisory board allows Lincoln’s leadership to benefit from a worldwide network of advisors on an informal, flexible, and as-needed basis.
The advisory board aims to:
Offer advice and counsel on matters related to mission, curriculum, and strategic initiatives
Identify and engage potential partnerships or opportunities for the school
Assist in cementing Lincoln School’s reputation as a top all-girls’ independent school founded on Quaker values
We are so happy to welcome these outstanding bold minds to our community and look forward to learning both from and with them!