Students attending Lincoln reside in dozens of cities and towns in Rhode Island and Massachusetts. Families who live in participating towns and cities may want to consider transportation opportunities available through state-sponsored busing. See below for options, and please note the deadlines for submitting forms.
If none of these options fit your family’s schedule, many Lincoln families arrange carpools throughout the year. Through the online Parent Portal, families can identify other families in the Student Directory who live in their geographic area, and are encouraged to connect to organize transportation.
- Register at the RIDE Website.
- Complete this form to request transportation: The form must be on file with the Providence School Department by July 31.
- If you have problems, call the statewide office at 401-222-5024.
- Deadline for registration is July 31. Late registrations will receive the closest point of pick-up or a depot stop location for a temporary bus stop, with permanent bus stop information assigned by September 17.
- If you are new to the system, you will receive information about how the transportation system works after you register.
- The state will send bus assignments to parents by the end of August. Only families who register will get assignments.
If you have questions about a RIPTA bus pass please contact Kim Lawrence.