2019 On-Site Supervisor Form
The Senior Community Action Project (SCAP) is intended to provide seniors with a period of transition between Lincoln School and college matriculation. In line with Lincoln School’s core values, the SCAP is an important opportunity for students to get involved in their communities and build relationships with outside non-profit organizations that align with their personal interests. This time of action, regardless of the setting, encourages independence, commitment and introspection as well as a willingness to work hard and contribute to the mission of their chosen organization.
- Commit to a minimum of 20 hours on site for each of the two weeks (5/20-5/31) for a total of at least 40 hours.
- Maintain a daily blog post for reflection.
- Check in with on-site supervisor daily.
- Check in with Lincoln School mentor at least once each week.
- Prepare and execute a final presentation of their experience. Supervisors are welcome to attend.
On-Site Supervisor Expectations:
- Come to an agreement on all responsibilities and expectations with the student.
- Set a specific weekly meeting time with the student to discuss the student’s progress.
- Support the student to do outstanding work with honest and critical, but supportive evaluation.
Please reach out to Kara Newman-Gilligan at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns you may have. Thank you for supporting our students!
I have read and agree to the expectations outlined above: