Associate Director of Admission
Lincoln School, Providence, RI is seeking to hire an Associate Director of Admission. The ideal candidate is friendly, organized, energetic, works well with others and has the ability to multi-task in a dynamic working environment. This candidate will support broad outreach and enrollment initiatives for the Admission Office and will work closely to support the Director of Admission in carrying out tasks associated with achieving enrollment objectives.
Responsibilities for this candidate include:
- Managing the Nursery through 5th Grade application process with the Director of Admission.
- Supporting the Director of Admission in tasks relating to the admission process and reaching enrollment objectives.
- Admission related event planning, outreach initiatives and marketing which include, but are not limited to: 3-4 receptions each year, open house events and additional outreach as needed. This candidate will work closely with the School's Creative Marketing Specialist to market and promote these events throughout the admission season.
- Relationship building with feeder schools through community outreach initiatives, feeder school visits and attending school fairs.
- Coordinating the parent & student ambassador programs, mentor family program and private bus transportation.
- General administrative responsibilities. Prior knowledge of Portal and Finalsite a plus (database input, online enrollment procedures, surveys).
- Admission experience desired.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of College Counseling
Lincoln School, in Providence, RI seeks a Director of College Counseling for the 2015-16 school year. This position reports to the Head of School and will guide junior and senior classes of approximately 40-45 students through every aspect of the college search and application process. Strong candidates will have experience in selective college admission and/or college counseling in an independent school. Start Date: July 1.
Responsibilities to include but are not limited to:
- Educate students and parents about the college search and application process and counsel them on choices throughout the process
- Guide students and parents through the process in both individual and family meetings
- Educate parents and students on a variety of college admission topics
- Teach college counseling curriculum to juniors in small group meetings
- Write compelling and comprehensive school letters for every member of the senior class
- Support students in writing college essays and completing applications
- Plan and coordinate college counseling programs/events for students and parents
- Develop and maintain strong ties with college admission officers; meet with college reps as they visit Lincoln in the fall
- Manage College Counseling budget
- Serve as AP / PSAT coordinator
- Coordinate Senior Project program
- Pursue professional development by visiting colleges, attending conferences and participating in local and national organizations
- Participate in the life of the school
Strong candidates should possess:
- 5 – 7 years of experience in college counseling or selective college admission and ability to speak on the college admission landscape
- Genuine enthusiasm for working with high school students and their parents
- Ability to see and celebrate the potential in every student
- Ability to work effectively with students, faculty, parents, and administrators
- Excellent communication, public speaking, and writing skills
- Confidence, initiative, creativity, flexibility, intelligence, energy, diplomacy, empathy, patience, and a sense of humor
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- A commitment to engaging with and learning from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences
- A commitment to working with discretion and the highest ethical standards in dealing with students and colleges
Please send letter of interest and resume to Suzanne Fogarty, Head of School.
Full-Time Computer Science/Tech Integration Teacher
Lincoln School is seeking a qualified candidate for a full-time position teaching Computer Science in all divisions Upper, Middle, and Lower Schools. This position will involve developing and teaching multiple CS classes. Other duties would including advising and Girls Who Code club instruction.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field, 2-3 years teaching experience, experience planning technology curriculum.
Please send résumé and cover letter to email@example.com.
Lower School Substitute Teachers
Lower School (Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 5) is looking for Substitute Teachers. If interested, please forward your resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.