Snow Days and Severe Weather
Fri Feb 19 2021 05:50:12 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
Today is a typical school day. Please continue to check this page for the latest information.
UPDATED: February 8, 2021
As we learn about the intricacies of snow days in the COVID-19 era, we are adjusting our policy for the remainder of the 2020–21 academic year. Going forward, if school must be closed due to inclement weather, we will implement virtual learning on the first day.
Lower School teachers will make every effort to send materials home with students in advance of any predicted storm, but teachers will adjust lessons to accommodate the reality that students may not have all of their materials at home with them.
On virtual learning days, Middle and Upper School student schedules will be reflected in Veracross. Lower School students should log into their Google Classrooms. Early Childhood teachers will reach out to families with plans. If at all possible, we will open the Little School.
As always, many of our snow-day decisions hinge around the Providence City parking situation and are made with the safety of our entire community in mind. As inclement weather arises, please continue to check this page for the latest updates on closings, delays, and policies.
Lincoln uses Blackboard Connect, an electronic emergency notification system. All families should keep their contact information in the family portal (under Update Household Profile) current at all times.
Below are the procedures that we will follow in the event of snow or severe weather:
- If Lincoln School is closed, The Little School will also be closed.
- When school is closed, all school activities are canceled.
- If school is closed, the decision will be made by 5:30 a.m. and will be announced on radio, television, the school website, the school phone system and through Blackboard Connect.
- If the city of Providence declares a parking ban, Lincoln must be closed.
- If the weather is in question and we feel that it is necessary to make a change to the normal school day, we will send a Blackboard Connect notification and post information on the school website. Your children will be safe, warm, and well taken care of until you are able to pick them up.
- If Lincoln is in session on a day that you feel the roads are unsafe, we respect your decision to keep your child at home or pick them up early. Weather will be noted in the attendance roster.
Rhode Island Broadcasters (where you will find an up-to-the-minute list of all area closings—the same list that is streamed to television stations)
Sign up to get a text message from Rhode Island Broadcasters (a couple of steps to sign up)