STEAM Hub for Girls
Join us for the Grand Opening of the STEAM Hub for Girls!
STEAM, which stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts/Architecture, and Math, focuses on interdisciplinary learning, critical thinking, and problem solving.
As a school for girls, Lincoln is uniquely positioned to shift the gender balance of women entering STEAM fields. Not only does Lincoln offer a robust STEAM curriculum—including electives in robotics and computer science—but, we also go beyond the classroom to engage in Upper School partnerships with Brown’s School of Engineering, RISD’s School of Architecture, and The Steel Yard.
Lincoln’s STEAM Hub for Girls will bring the vigor and excitement of our partnership experiences to Lincoln’s campus, allowing our talented faculty to guide students in interdisciplinary coursework that gives them every opportunity to learn, explore, and break new ground in their future fields.
GRAND OPENING ON MAY 3, 2018
The project includes:
- A new two-story facade on Blackstone Boulevard
- An entrepreneurial space shared by faculty and students featuring a rotating art gallery on the first floor
- A flexible learning hub for interdisciplinary courses, engineering, and guest lectures on the second floor
- Over 4,000 square feet of additional instruction space
- A redesigned and expanded physics lab, science classroom, and chemistry lab
- Break-out areas for student collaboration
REMAINING NAMING OPPORTUNITIES
STEAM Hub Art Gallery | $500,000
Chemistry lab | $250,000
SHARE IN THE VISION
Interested in learning more about the STEAM Hub for Girls or want to pledge your support? Contact Molly Garrison, Director of Advancement, at 401-455-1168 or firstname.lastname@example.org.