Apply to Lower School
The Lower School welcomes applications from boys and girls for Nursery and Pre-Kindergarten, and for girls from Kindergarten—Grade 5. Below are the steps to complete Lincoln’s Lower School application process.
1. Inquire Online!
2. Complete the Admission Application
○ The application for admission should be completed online with a non-refundable $55 application fee. The application deadline is January 31, 2020.
3. Schedule a Student Visit and Parent Tour
○ Every applicant is required to spend a day (or partial morning for our Nursery, Pre-K and K applicants) in our Lower School to meet potential classmates and participate in classroom activities. Parents will be provided a tour on the day of the student visit after the child has been dropped off. Please contact the Admission Office to schedule the student visit and parent tour.
4. Transcript Release Form
○ Parent/guardian must sign and submit a transcript release form to the applicant's current school.
5. Teacher Recommendation
○ A recommendation from the candidate’s current teacher is required. Please submit the Nursery, Pre-K or Kindergarten applicant form or the Grade1—Grade 5 applicant form to your child’s current teacher.
6. Financial Assistance
○ To be considered for need-based financial assistance, a Parent Financial Statement (PFS) must be submitted online at sss.nais.org. The PFS and supporting documentation, including federal tax returns and W2s, must be submitted online by December 31, 2019. Any PFS completed after December 31, 2019 will be considered for financial assistance only as funds remain available.
Notification: Letters of notification will be posted on February 28, 2020. For a candidate to be considered in the initial round of admission decisions, all parts of the application must be completed by January 31, 2020 (please note, Lincoln will consider admission applications after February 28, 2020 as space remains available in a grade). Families are encouraged to contact the Admission Office if questions arise at any time during the process.