In this guest blog post, Stephanie Petronelli takes us inside Little School's morning meeting.
Life in the Little School
It’s all about joy, discovery, friendship, and growth.
Life in the Little School means…
- Singing, moving and shaking in weekly music and movement classes.
- Participating in campus-wide activities with the older children, like the International Day of Peace.
- Speaking, singing and listening to stories in French and Spanish.
- Exploring creative expression through dramatic play, creative block building, outdoor play and mixed media art.
- Listening to stories and choosing picture books in the library.
- Caring for, harvesting, and sampling vegetables from the Edible Garden.
- Exploring language with shared reading and writing, nursery rhymes, book making, storytelling and journal “writing.”
As a school, Lincoln is shaped daily by the passion and brilliance of its faculty and staff, and this year we’d like to help you–our community–get to know them a bit better!
This week, faculty and staff returned to campus for Faculty Work Week, a final chance to prepare for the excitement of the 2019–2020 school year! While we are thrilled to welcome back so many familiar faces, we are also excited to have 10 new members of our community this year.
We are so pleased to officially welcome Kim Lough back to Lincoln School in an expanded role–Director of Early Childhood and The Little School.
Each week the Little School students and teachers gather together in silence. The two toddler classrooms sit together for 2.5 minutes before singing songs about friendship and love.