Please join us in congratulating Tanika Sweeney, the recipient of the 2020 Dorothy W. Gifford Chair award in recognition of teaching excellence!
Life in the Little School
It’s all about joy, discovery, friendship, and growth.
Life in the Little School means…
- Singing, moving and shaking in weekly music and movement classes.
- Participating in campus-wide activities with the older children, like the International Day of Peace.
- Speaking, singing and listening to stories in French and Spanish.
- Exploring creative expression through dramatic play, creative block building, outdoor play and mixed media art.
- Listening to stories and choosing picture books in the library.
- Caring for, harvesting, and sampling vegetables from the Edible Garden.
- Exploring language with shared reading and writing, nursery rhymes, book making, storytelling and journal “writing.”
Our faculty and administrators have worked tirelessly to bring all of the hallmarks of the Lincoln education to the virtual classrooms they've created for our students. The best way to understand it is to experience it, so today we take a look at remote learning in Little School!
In this guest blog post, Stephanie Petronelli, Little School Teacher and Education Coordinator, shares how Lincoln's littlest learners have been spreading love during their time at home.
Stephanie Petronelli, Young Toddler Teacher and Little School Education Coordinator, provides some remote learning tips for infants and toddlers in this guest blog post.
Young Toddler teacher and Education Coordinator Stephanie Petronelli reflects on how our littlest learners discover themselves through the Little School curriculum in this guest blog post.