Lincoln School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability or genetics, as well as any other legally protected status. In addition to federal law requirements, Lincoln School complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
As an independent school grounded in the Quaker testimonies of Simplicity, Peace, Integrity, Community, Equality, and Stewardship (SPICES), our mission is to educate girls to fearlessly embrace the opportunities and responsibilities of full citizenship in a complex world. Our community, faculty, and staff are committed to and passionate about this mission, which creates a unique and rich teaching environment that stretches beyond our classrooms and campuses.
At Lincoln School, students experience true academic rigor and discovery in a purposefully close-knit environment, allowing for an individualized approach to education that propels girls forward. It’s challenging and joyful. It’s hands-on and supportive. It’s Lincoln School. As a faculty or staff member, you are an integral part of our one-of-a-kind community.
Lincoln School values difference and honors a multiplicity of perspectives that includes, but is not limited to, age, religion, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, gender, physical ability, and family structure. If you’re looking to make an impact while doing what you love, consider joining our dynamic team of dedicated teachers and professionals.
Teaching at Lincoln is meaningful to me; it's more than a job.
I've told my students that I hope they find their "Lincolns" -- places where they believe in the mission, where they're taken seriously as early-career young women, and where they're able to grow.
Emma Stenberg, Lincoln English Department Head
Unique Benefits to Lincoln School:
- Wellness: Wellness is a priority at Lincoln, inclusive of faculty, staff and their family members. We offer an employee assistance program, complimentary use of our on-site fitness center, a fitness discount program if enrolled in the school’s health coverage, and reimbursement for experiences that foster individual fulfillment and relaxation.
- Professional Development: We are deeply committed to professional development. Going well beyond annual programming, we offer a Summer Curricular Innovation Grant that gives faculty the chance to dive deep into an area of curricular interest, and a Travel Fellowship Grant that provides the opportunity to engage in a summer travel experience to enrich teaching curriculums. We also offer the opportunity to attend the National Association of Independent Schools People of Color Conference (PoCC), as well as annual meetings of other professional organizations.
- Tuition Remission: Tuition Remission is available for those employees who wish to have their child(ren) attend Lincoln School. This benefit is available to eligible employees after two full years of employment.
- Meals: Complimentary meals are a wonderful benefit for all faculty and staff at Lincoln School. As an extension of our wellness program, our on-site dining room offers healthy and expansive lunch options when school is in session. Coffee and tea is also provided daily.
Compensation Benefits at Lincoln School:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Health Plans are available to all full-time employees
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care expenses
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
'Uniquely Lincoln' - A Strategic Vision for a Bold Future
Under Sophie’s leadership, and in partnership with the Lincoln Board of Trustees, the greater Lincoln community is united in realizing the bold strategic vision detailed in Uniquely Lincoln.
Find out more about how our strengths—Quaker principles, intimate learning environment, and commitment to girls’ education—provide a formidable foundation on which to build our future.