Careers at Lincoln
- After School Teachers for Extended Day Program
- Senior Advancement Officer
- 2018–2019 Coaching Positions
- Lower School Substitute Teachers
- Little School Substitute Teachers
Lincoln School is currently looking for qualified after school teachers for our Extended Day program.
Hours are M-F from 2:45-6:00 pm and also full day vacation camps throughout year.
Co-lead a group of children from Nursery through grade 5 as part of the After School team
Prepare and lead children in activities both structured and informal throughout the afternoon time
Provide homework support as needed
Communicate with families about children and programs happening at the school
Collaborate and plan with other members of After School team
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
Experience working with children, preferably in an after school setting
Experience with or strong interest in participating in community service
Friendly and patient with excellent communication skills
Communicates respectfully and effectively with diverse groups of young people and adults of various cultural backgrounds
Reliable and punctual
A team player who is eager to participate in a process of ongoing learning and inspires children to do the same
Skilled at leading activities in program areas such as art, drama, dance, music, literacy, technology, or others
Bachelor’s degree preferred
Lincoln School seeks an experienced Senior Advancement Officer to join a dynamic and growing team at an exciting time in the life of the School. The successful candidate will play a prominent role in securing philanthropic support for Lincoln’s strategic priorities and mission.
About Lincoln School
Founded in 1884, Lincoln operates at the intersection of tradition and innovation. As the nation’s only independent school for girls based on Quaker values, they offer a unique experience for Kindergarten through Grade 12.
At Lincoln, girls come first. At Lincoln, girls hold all of the leadership positions. Through its size and mission—with a dynamic, challenging and innovative academic program, the School prepares girls to build their confidence; through successes, and through trial and error, through discovery, through laughter, and with joy. Girls practice speaking up and out, tapping into strengths even they may not know they had.
About Our Team
The Advancement Office is a small team of talented professionals who demonstrate exceptional commitment to the School’s mission, customer service, excellence, and an unrelenting desire to surpass expectations. The team values personal and professional growth, works hard, and has fun. Their polish, knowledge of the School, and humility allow them to confidently collaborate with the Head of School, Board of Trustees, parents, alumnae, volunteers, students, faculty, and peers. Lincoln attracts people who are mission-driven professionals who enjoy a fast-paced environment. They are positive teammates with an entrepreneurial spirit, a strong sense of initiative, and a commitment to advancing all girls’ education.
You are a highly productive self-starter with excellent strategic, relationship-building, communication, and diplomacy skills. You are flexible and resilient, a problem-solver who is comfortable with ambiguity and who pitches in whenever and wherever needed. Exceptional writing and editing skills with a sharp attention to detail are your trademark. A results-oriented professional, you have proven yourself as someone who can take on increased responsibility, collaborate with and mentor others, and tackle competing priorities with integrity, humor, and sound judgment. You demonstrate concern for others, share your ideas confidently and respectfully, and approach your work with cheerful persistence. You understand the importance of best practices in fundraising but embrace change and creative solutions to meet the unique needs of the Lincoln community.
- Develop and execute strategies to enhance engagement and secure support from individuals at the major gift level ($50,000 to $1,000,000+) as part of a comprehensive fundraising process. For example: The successful candidate will have the ability to take a prospective donor at the $5,000 annual fund level, and, in a donor-centric way, quickly move the prospect to the major gift level.
- Design and implement a stewardship program for annual leadership, major, and principal gift donors and prospects that is in keeping with best practices and deepens the relationship between Lincoln and its key supporters.
- Qualify, cultivate, steward, and solicit a pool of approximately 150+ assigned prospects, while establishing long-term donor relationships that spans multiple generations of alumnae.
- Schedule and complete between 12-15 prospect visits per month and be responsible for annual fundraising goals.
- Ensure appropriate closure of all planned gifts, including documentation needed to formalize these gifts and serve as liaison with outside counsel when required.
- The Advancement Officer will also be responsible for organizing selected fundraising efforts and/or projects as assigned.
- Minimum of five years of demonstrated success as a front-line fundraiser in an educational setting is preferred, including success in closing five- and six-figure gifts.
- Candidates with a minimum of five years of demonstrated success as a front-line salesperson, including success in closing five- and six-figure sales will also be considered and are encouraged to apply.
- Attendance at night and weekend Advancement events is an expectation as part of the team.
- Enthusiastically accepts other duties as needed and assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- The ability and desire to travel regionally and nationally are essential to this role.
Interested candidates, please contact:
Peter Hamilton, Managing Director, Conley Search Group. By phone at (617)-620-9268 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
All inquiries will be treated as confidential.
Lower School (Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 5) is looking for Substitute Teachers. If you are interested, please forward your resume and references to Maureen Devlin at email@example.com. Thank you.