What's Going on in 4th Grade?
- Unit 6: Division, Maps & Angle Measurement is off to a good start. The Multiples of 10 Strategy posed a challenge, but we are working very hard on it as well as the Partial Quotients method. As always, continue to practice your Math facts- especially division. Don't forget about IXL too.
- The White Giraffe proved to be a very exciting and mysterious adventure novel. We are currently working on our final project, called The Gift. Find out what this assignment is all about. A Star in the Forest, our last classroom, novel will be introduced this week. We hope to finish it in time for the Battle.
- Very soon, we will be able to share our Poetry Wiki! We are currently typing all of our poems into our Google Docs accounts and will then transfer these poems, along with illustrations created in KidPix to our Wiki. We'll be sure to let you know when it "goes live!"
- We are currently very busy creating our Tourism Commercials, and beginning to write our Immigration Storybooks! Along with this, we are also exploring World Geography to get a better sense of where our cultural heritage began. In the next few weeks, expect to receive an email regarding an invitation to family members who would like to share their immigration story. These visits are incredibly valuable learning experiences for your daughter, so please consider sharing!
- SAVE THE DATE: Our Cultural Heritage Day will be on Tuesday, June 5th from 8:30 AM - 10:30 AM. This is a very special day when 4th graders showcase their Immigration Storybook, Country Tourism Brochure, a delicious food item native to the country studied, and if possible, dress as an immigrant from their heritage country.
- 4th graders did a fantastic job at the Battle of the Books. Mrs. Lenihan and I are very prooud of you. Click here for pictures and some videos of the event.
- PLEASE NOTE: DATE CHANGE- Our last Book Chat will be Tuesday, May 8th. We will be reading The Liberation of Gabriel King.
- Field Trip pictures are available on the FIELD TRIP tab on our home page.
In case you missed it: Madame Kelsey's Colonial Wax Museum welcomed many guests. Our wax figures came to life in an extraordinary way and had interesting and important stories to tell. Fantastic job to all 4th graders and thanks to one and all who visited our exhibit. Click here to view pictures of the event.
We now have our IXL (math) and Typing Pal accounts! The girls can have usernames and passwords to log on at home to practice their skills.
What's To Come?
- Battle of the Books: Thursday, April 19th 6:30 PM
- Lower School Concert:3:15 PM - 4:15 PM
- Grandparents & Special Friends Day: Friday, April 27th
- Field Trip: Thursday, May 3rd
- Book Chat: Tuesday, May 8th* (DATE CHANGE) 8:15 AM - 9:15 AM
- Grade 4 Performaning Arts Sharing: Friday, May 11 2:00 PM -2:45 PM
- Cultural Heritage Day: Tuesday, June 5th 8:30 AM - 10:30 AM
- Field Day: Friday, June 8th
- Closing Ceremony: Tuesday, June 12th 8:30 AM - 9:30 AM