It is January, the month of snow. Although it has been unseasonably mild, we thought it would be helpful to provide you with some information and links. Most importantly, please make sure that you have signed up or updated your contact information for ALERTNOW, our electronic emergency notification system.
- If Lincoln School is closed, The Little School will also be closed.
- When school is closed, all school activities are cancelled.
- If school is cancelled, the decision will be made by 5:30 a.m. and will be announced on radio, television, the school website, the school phone system and through ALERTNOW.
- When there is a Providence City Parking Ban, we have no choice but to cancel school.
- We will announce a school closing as soon as a parking ban is announced.
- If the weather is in question and we feel that it is necessary to make a change to the normal school day, we we will send an ALERTNOW and post information on the school website. Your children will be safe and well taken care of until you are able to pick them up.
- In the event of a snow day, please encourage your daughter to check her teachers webpages or class conferences in FirstClass regarding work and assignments that can be completed while at home.
Rhode Island Broadcasters Where you will find an up to the minute list of all area closings—the same list that is streamed to television stations.
Sign up to get a text message from Rhode Island Broadcasters. A couple of steps to sign up.
Please be sure that you have signed up for ALERTNOW
General Traffic and Parking Reminders