September 13th, 2013
Our first full week of school and your children have already settled into the daily routines as if we have been in school for months. The children experienced their first meeting time with Senora and Madame as Ginkgo students. They practiced greetings, calendar, songs and reviewed colors in French and Spanish through games.
A few more of our friends shared their special nature items from the summer. They also drew them, arranged them and photographed them. Please be sure to look at our wall as you walk into the classroom to see your child's poster. The children admire these and find comfort in looking at the photos of their families all year long.
Ask your child...
- Who gave our class a tape measure?
- What did we do with it?
- How did we celebrate Sam's birthday in Silent Meeting?
- We started jobs. What job did your child have this week?
- We had Meeting with Senora. What game did we play with colors?
- Cooking: quick "maple syrup" and pancakes. What ingredients made the syrup?
- Where did we have our pictures taken for picture day?
- What songs did we sing in Music?
- What books did we read in Library?
- What did we play in PE?
- What is manners cafe?
- Parent night on Wednesday from 6-8
- Making apple crisp
- Making flubber
September 6th, 2013
We have had a wonderful start to the new school year. The children were excited to greet each other and get reacquainted, while meeting and including a new classmate into the community.
We start every school year with exploring the classroom and learning new routines and classroom rules that work for the group. Every child should have brought in a box with her/his special nature items and photos. We are hoping to have everyone share these items with the group by next week.
Please check your child's backpack for the Silent Meeting schedule. Let us know if you have not received one. Check out the photos portion of our website to see your children in action!
Ask your child...
- How many children are in the Ginkgo Room?
- What do we do at meeting?
- What do we do when the lights go off?
- Did your child go to PE?
- Who ate lunch with us?
Looking forward to...
- Starting jobs
- Drawing our items from nature
- Making our classroom rules
- Going to Music and Library
- Starting Studio with Ms. Calenda
Our first Studio Silent Meeting is Friday, September 13th at 8:30. Families are welcome!
Please send in Sneakers if you have not done so already. PE is Wednesday and Friday.
Please send in your child's special box if you have not done so already.