College Counseling Resource Coordinator
Lincoln School, an all-girls, Quaker, K-12 school on the East Side of Providence, RI, is seeking a College Resource Coordinator. This candidate will work closely with the Director of College Counseling to help guide Lincoln students and parents through the college search and application process. The ideal candidate is highly organized, has the ability to meet deadlines, and possesses a collaborative spirit along with a sense of humor. Experience with Naviance is preferable, but not required. Responsibilities include:
- Assisting the Director of College Counseling in running an engaging college advising program
- Scheduling college counseling meetings for students and families
- Coordinating all college representative visits in the fall; meeting with reps when College Counselor is unavailable
- Managing all areas of Naviance; updating student information, sending all school materials to colleges in a timely fashion, educating families on the use of the system, managing scholarship lists, and organizing summer program information
- Working with Registrar to update transcripts
- Coordinating all aspects of PSAT and AP administration at Lincoln
- Planning Providence Independent School College Fair at Lincoln every four years
Please send resume and cover letter to Suzanne Fogarty, Head of School at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part-time Spanish Teacher
Lincoln School, an all-girls, Quaker, K-12 school on the East Side of Providence, RI, is seeking a dynamic part-time language teachers for ages 2 – Kindergarten beginning in August 2015. Responsibilities include preparing and teaching lessons for five different classes, twice weekly each. The anticipated schedule is two, five-hour days.
The ideal candidate
- Is a native speaker.
- Is familiar with childhood games and songs in the target language.
- Has Early Childhood experience.
- Has the ability to work in a self-directed manner.
- Is warm, playful, and creative.
- Has a Bachelor’s Degree.
Lincoln School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and names/contact information for three references to Carole Donnelly at email@example.com.
Associate Director of Admission
Lincoln School, Providence, RI is seeking to hire an Associate Director of Admission. The ideal candidate is friendly, organized, energetic, works well with others and has the ability to multi-task in a dynamic working environment. This candidate will support broad outreach and enrollment initiatives for the Admission Office and will work closely to support the Director of Admission in carrying out tasks associated with achieving enrollment objectives.
Responsibilities for this candidate include:
- Managing the Nursery through 5th Grade application process with the Director of Admission.
- Supporting the Director of Admission in tasks relating to the admission process and reaching enrollment objectives.
- Admission related event planning, outreach initiatives and marketing which include, but are not limited to: 3-4 receptions each year, open house events and additional outreach as needed. This candidate will work closely with the School's Creative Marketing Specialist to market and promote these events throughout the admission season.
- Relationship building with feeder schools through community outreach initiatives, feeder school visits and attending school fairs.
- Coordinating the parent & student ambassador programs, mentor family program and private bus transportation.
- General administrative responsibilities. Prior knowledge of Portal and Finalsite a plus (database input, online enrollment procedures, surveys).
- Admission experience desired.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lincoln School in Providence RI seeks a high school Science teacher with at least 5 years of classroom experience to teach Physics at an introductory and advanced level. Lincoln School follows a Physics first curricular progression. Candidates should be prepared to support the 9th Grade Physics curriculum by teaching algebraic topics (specifically trigonometric functions). Experience teaching AP Physics is also desired. Candidates may possibly be asked to teach one section of general Chemistry. Qualified candidates should have a passion for helping students to explore the physical sciences and for contextualizing scientific theories through hands on learning activities that have real world applications. A willingness to engage in a critical dialogue about instructional practice with peers and a desire to be involved in a wide range of school activities in and outside of the classroom are also essential. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and statement of educational philosophy, to Kim Lawrence at email@example.com
Lower School Substitute Teachers
Lower School (Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 5) is looking for Substitute Teachers. If interested, please forward your resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.