Founded in 1884 by Mrs. William Ames, whose daughter Daisy Dwight was one of Lincoln's first nine students, Lincoln School was named in honor of John Larkin Lincoln, a Brown University Professor with a strong commitment to the education of girls and young women. Lincoln moved to its present site on Butler Avenue in 1913, expanding its campus and physical plant in the ensuing years to accommodate the School's growing N-12 academic program, its Infant and Toddler Center, and its arts and athletic programs. In 1924, Lincoln School began its formal association with the Yearly Meeting of Friends for New England as a Quaker School. While Lincoln's affiliation with the Yearly Meeting of Friends ended in 1972, Lincoln maintains a strong commitment to its Quaker traditions and is accredited by the Friends Council on Education. In 1980, Lincoln acquired Faxon Farm in Rehoboth, MA, named in honor of Connie Briggs Faxon '36, to support the School's growing interscholastic sports program. Along with its longstanding tradition of academic excellence, Lincoln enjoys the distinction of being the nation's only all-girls Quaker School in North America. In 2005, Julia Russell Eells was named 14th Head of Lincoln School. There are more than 3,000 Lincoln alumnae living and working in communities across the nation and around the world.