The Battle of the Books
The Battle of the Books is an exciitng event that takes place at Lincoln School every April. We are proud to have hosted this event for more than 20 years! This game show format event, mixes students from 4 different schools and challenges them to come up with great answers to some tough questions about all 40 books on the "Battle List".
With the hard work of librarians from The Gordon School, Lincoln School, St. Michael's Country Day School and the Wheeler and Hamilton School, a Battle of the Books List is created. This list 40 books is full of wonderful reads that are both picture books and chapter books. Students need to read at least 10 books to participate in the Battle.
Mrs. Lenihan and I are more than happy to share some of our favorite Battle Books with the girls.
The following is a list of books that you SHOULD NOT READ because we are reading them in school.
- The Invention of Hugo Cabret: A Novel in Words and Pictures by Brian Selznick
- The White Giraffe by Lauren St. John
- Letters From Camp by Kate Klise (summer reading)
- A Star in the Forest by Laura Resau
- The Miraculoous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate Dicamillo
- The Liberation of Gabriel King by K.L. Going
- The Willoughbys by Lois Lowry
- Brendan Buckley's Universe by Sundee T. Frazier
- When Heaven Fell by Carolyn Marsden