Dance/Social Event Guidelines
- All dances for Grades 7 and 8 start at 7:15 p.m. and end at 9:30 p.m. The admission fee is $5.00. Doors will open at 7:15 p.m.
- Dress Code: Students may not wear clothes that advertise alcohol or are suggestive in any way; this includes tube tops, halter tops, spaghetti straps, or any shirt that bares the midriff. The dress is casual, usually jeans, a shirt or sweater, and sneakers. Please help us in this matter by discussing the dress code with your daughter. Students who break the dress code at a dance/social event will be asked to leave.
- Cell phones will not be permitted on the dance floor. Students seen using cell phones as a camera, phone or clock will have their phones confiscated for the remainder of the evening.
- All students should enter the dance or social event no later than 15 minutes after the starting time.
- All students must sign in with a member of our faculty. Since it is important that each student be known by at least one adult at the dance, students not attending one of the participating schools will not be allowed to attend.
- Once in, students will not be able to leave the dance or event. If your child needs to leave early, she should bring a note to her school chaperone at the beginning of the dance. No student will be permitted to leave the dance without an adult.
- The ratio of adults to students at each dance is approximately 1/15.
- All students must be picked up no later than 15 minutes after the conclusion of the dance. Children who are picked up late will not be allowed at the next dance.
- Normal school rules about alcohol and other drugs, smoking, and good behavior will be in effect.
Directions to Moses Brown School
Directions to Gordon School
Directions to Wheeler School
Directions to Providence Country Day School
Thank you in advance for your cooperation; it is of the utmost importance that you, your daughters, the chaperones, and the school are all on the same page as we approach these fun and eagerly anticipated events.