Senior Service Project
2014 Senior Service Project Forms and Information
The Senior Service Project (SSP) at Lincoln School is intended to provide seniors a period of transition between Lincoln School and college matriculation, and is an important opportunity for skill building and self-realization. The unique nature of this service project presents each girl with the opportunity to provide service to an organization or individual for a period of two weeks (a minimum of 45 hours), during the month of May. Each member of the Senior Class will select from a wide range of service opportunities. This time of service, regardless of setting, encourages independence, commitment and introspection as well as a willingness to work hard and contribute to the mission of the organization.
Successful completion of the Senior Service Project requires that each student meet the following criteria:
- Each Project is an individual endeavor – no partnerships
- Commit to a minimum of 25 hours of service at your site each week.
- Maintain a daily personal journal for reflection on your experience.
- In response to the weekly Query, post to the SSP BLOG daily (minimum of 1 post /day).
- Check-in with your “on-site” supervisor daily.
- Check-in with your Lincoln School supervisor weekly**
- Final Presentation of your experience to Upper School students, and faculty.
In the past students have performed thier service project at any number of organizations, some of which are listed below.
- Sojourner House
- Providence Animal Rescue League
- Mobile Loaves and Fishes
- South County Outreach
- The Woman’s Center
- Farm Fresh RI
- Angels on Horseback
- Amos House
- McKinney Shelter
- Clean Water Action
- RI Food Bank
- Habitat for Humanity
- McAulay House
- International Institute
- Greenlock Therapeutic Riding Program
- Providence Public Schools