This page was designed for quick access to information for families, students, faculty and staff. If there is something that you would like to see on this page please email Betsy Hunt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2017—2018 Getting Started2017—18 Major Dates
After-School and Summer Programs
Traffic and Parking
An overall goal of traffic and parking to bear in mind is that we are always considering the safety of your children – our students. All points of access MUST be kept completely free of parked cars in order to assure ready access by emergency vehicles. We have had the experience of an emergency vehicle being unable to enter the front circle because of a parked vehicle. Parking in restricted areas compromises the safety of all our children.
Severe Weather Procedures
Lincoln utilizes Blackboard Connect, an electronic emergency notification system. All families should have updated their contact information in the family portal under household profile update.
Below are the procedures that we will follow in the event of snow or severe weather:
- If Lincoln School is closed, The Little School will also be closed.
- When school is closed, all school activities are canceled.
- If school is canceled, the decision will be made by 5:30 a.m. and will be announced on radio, television, the school website, the school phone system and through Blackboard Connect.
- If the city of Providence declares a parking ban, Lincoln must automatically close.
- If the weather is in question and we feel that it is necessary to make a change to the normal school day, we we will send a Blackboard Connect notification and post information on the school website. Your children will be safe, warm, and well taken care of until you are able to pick them up.
- If Lincoln is in session on a day that you feel the roads are unsafe, we respect your decision to keep your child at home, or pick them up early. Weather will be noted in the attendance roster.
Rhode Island Broadcasters (Where you will find an up to the minute list of all area closings—the same list that is streamed to television stations)
Sign up to get a text message from Rhode Island Broadcasters. (A couple of steps to sign up)